Submitted by Walthill on Mon, 03/27/2023 - 12:49pm
SPRING FORWARD WITH LOWER ENERGY BILLS
For homeowners, renters and business owners alike, Black Hills Energy has energy-saving tools and resources to help you use less and save more all year long.
- Use less by knowing more: Log into your blackhillsnergy.com/account for personalized tools that help you monitor energy use, compare costs and find new ways to save.
- Not using it? Unplug it: Unplug office equipment like printers, shredders and scanners, as well as appliances such as coffee makers and video consoles, to prevent them from pulling energy when not in use.
- When it's time to replace old lightbulbs, spring for LED ones. LED lightbulbs can last up to 25 times longer and use at least 75% less energy.
- If your thermostat has eco mode, use that setting as it uses a preset temperature, which can maximize your energy savings. If it doesn't, set the temperature slight lower in the winter and higher in the summer.
- Change furnace filters: Dirty filters make your furnace run much harder and circulate dirty air. Replace your furnace filter monthly and follow any other routine maintenance procedures.
- When possible, use smaller appliances like microwaves and air fryers, which use less energy than an oven or stovestop.
Black Hills Energy is here to help! If you're struggling to pay your bill, they have resources and assistance programs that can help. Visit blackhillsenergy.com/winter-ready or call them at 888-890-5554.
The Village of Walthill is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Equal Opportunity Employer.